I’m bad at updating my blog.

February 7th, 2010 ajmcgr11

Haha so yah I haven’t updated in so long. Sorry peeps. Let’s see. 3 weeks ago the Palma group went buck in Madrid together for a weekend paid for exclusively by Holy Cross. We got to see the many sites of Madrid including the famous art museum El Museo del Prado, La Plaza Mayor, El Parque del Buen Retiro (such an awesome park) and La Calle Gran Via, where we were staying in an awesome hotel. I got to meet up with my buddy Rob from high school, who’s studying abroad in Madrid, and we got to catch up on how life has changed since graduating. That’s one of the nice things about studying abroad, being able to meet up with friends in different parts of the world and enjoy everything that that particular area has to offer together. Good times.

The week after Madrid was the first week of the 4 weeks Exam period. I only have 2 exams this semester so I have a lot of time to study and also some time left over for a little bit of traveling. Over this past weekend I went with a few of the Palma chicas to Sevilla (Seville in English), Espana. We had an awesome time seeing all that this beautiful Andalucian city had to offer. Flamenco and tapas are really popular in Sevilla–I guess you could say that all of the Spanish stereotypes for Americans exist, in part, because of the more traditional way of life in Sevilla. It’s also just a beautiful city and great for studying abroad as there’s a nice mix of culture and nightlife. Definitely a fun, worthwhile place to travel to if in Spain. It’s also good for a number of other things: Treeclimbing. Picking oranges off of trees and realizing that you probably shouldn’t have eaten it cause it was tongue-numbingly bitter. Watching the brutality of duck procreation. Making those funny photos where you stand in front of a fountain and make it look like you’re spitting water out of your mouth…and possibly into someone else’s mouth. Spaceage trams and not buses. Dutch crew teams. Walking into 5 star hotels looking like you live in a trailer park. And finally, top 10 lists and acrostic poems.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got for now but I’ll try to be better about updating in the coming few weeks, though they’re most likely just gonna be filled with studying, swimming and a whole lotta not much else…until my friend Kendra comes to visit on the last weekend in February and I have a 2 day swim meet (which I’m pretty excited for).

Take a look some of my photos for the time being. The first is of the Palace in Madrid and the rest are in Sevilla.