Science Excursion #2 and MY BIRTHDAY

November 24th, 2009 ajmcgr11

Heyo,

So, last Monday, November 16th, was my 20th birthday! Can’t believe I’m not a teenager anymore. Seeing as Monday is not the greatest day for birthday celebrations, I decided that I’d celebrate it for the whole week because we had so much going regarding fiestas and fun stuff. Monday night the HC girls and Eva Vives (ex-HC Foreign Language Assistant) took me out for Ensaimadas and hot chocolate. Think of Ensaimadas as fried dough with powerdered sugar only fried in olive oil so it’s not as bad for you. They also surprised me with a nice big bag of candy. They know me too well.

On Wednesday night, there was a huge fiesta in the town of Inca to celebrate the start of the daylong market held every year in Inca called “Dijous Bo”. The festival is complete with animal pens, venders, food, bars set up in the streets, music/night clubs set up in the streets and a huge crowd of people! We all had a great night and I definitely enjoyed being there to continue my birthday celebrations.

On Thursday I got a package from my parents full of things from home: some clothes, my DVDs, new swim suits, birthday cards from family, an LSAT Prep book (excitement?) and, of course, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the best cereal on Earth. Thanks family.

Saturday was the day of my second excursion with my History of the Earth class. We went to a few small but beautiful towns called Valldemossa and Bunyalbufar to see the cliffs and the rock formations in the mountains and along the coastline. The science part was boring but being with the students from our class was fun because we got to hang out and joke around. Plus, the professor is a really cool guy and he makes sure that you understand everything before he moves  on. We say we know what he’s talking about but we actually have no clue. After the excursion, I went back home for a nap and a couple hours later all the HC girls came over to my madre’s to celebrate my birthday and also my madre’s birthday which was on Wednesday (weird that we were paired together, right?). Jenny’s madre Rosa also came and another one of my madre’s friends. Needless to say, we had an great time. My madre Antonia bought tons of good food and wine and she got me a chocolate cake that said Happy Birthday on it. We put a little music on and the night was perfect. After celebrating, we left our madres and went out to La Lonja (area with tons of bars) for some drinks. I definitely had an unforgettable birthday week!

That’s everything for now. This week we have our HC sponsored Thanksgiving dinner together and next weekend Jenny, Liz and I are going to ITALY together! Hell ya! I can’t wait!

Talk to you soon