WOW. Packing for a whole year is really not fun.

August 19th, 2009 ajmcgr11

I know I said that the next time I post will be after I arrive in Spain but the sheer fruitlessness of the task at hand impassioned me to say a few words. Let me just say, packing for a whole year away is AWFUL, and I’m a guy. First of all, I have no way of gauging how much clothing I need to bring for myself because when I pack for Move-In Day at HC, I usually just bring, well, everything. Seeing as I can’t fit every article of clothing into two 50lb duffle bags, I’ve been desperately trying to cut back with minor success. Then again, I’m not done packing yet so let’s say possible minor success.

Secondly, I’d like to comment on how  joyous it is to follow airline excess baggage and weight restrictions. For some reason, the fact that I ordered my plane ticket before July 1st was a good thing because the particular airline I’m flying with is allowing me to check 2 pieces of luggage as opposed to the limit of one for “post-July 1st” ticket-purchasers. Lucky me. Each excess bag will set me back $50. Oh, and did I mention that each piece of luggage must be at or under 50lbs or else I have to pay another $50? I swear, if evil were to incarnate itself into human form, it would embody an airline employee who doles out prodigious fees for the sole purpose of ruining peoples’ lives, and does so with a sly smirk on his/her face.

In other news, Skype officially works on my computer and….I have 2 days until I leave for Spain! Woot! Of course, I’m kinda sad that I won’t get to be a Fall OL again this year but there’s always (dare I say it) senior year. Anyway, I better finish up my packing. Probably gonna put on a little Jay Sean to break the silence, too. Haha

Nos veremos en Espana!